Archive for Painting A 3D Model

Batmobile 1989 3D Printing Model

Posted in Just something to say with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on October 1, 2021 by getbent57

Batmobile_1989_3D_Printing_ModelFound this really cool 3D printable mode of the 1989 Batmobile over at Gambody.com.  It is like the car model kits you can buy but you print it and then put it together.  You can see it > here.  There is a lot of cool thins on this site.  They all pretty much cost money.  That is because the models are more high end than on other sites.  Am very temped to get it.  However it cost $35.00.  Just not sure if I am ready in my 3D print skills just yet for it.

More Painting A 3D Model

Posted in Just something to say, Pictures with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on September 11, 2021 by getbent57

Once again talking about painting 3D prints that I made with the Elegoo Neptune 2.  This time it is for a Batman model.  There is a really cool looking one over on Thingiverse, this one > here.  Very simple looking but with lot of detail in the cape.  Wanted to print this one besides looking cool.  It would be easy to paint.  Once I had it primed in grey.  Did two coats of black and a bit of white for the eyes.  After that spayed on some clear coat.  Think it turned out good.  But sadly Batman lost a battle with gravity and broke an ear.

Painting A 3D Model

Posted in Just something to say with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on September 6, 2021 by getbent57

A few posts back talked about painting 3D prints that I made with the Elegoo Neptune 2.  In that one was going to practices on a No Man’s Sky ship model (this one > here).  Well decided to try something a bit simpler first.  My brother wanted a shotgun shell.  Found one (> here) that is hollow.  So the top comes off so you can put things in it.  Printed it at 200% upscaled in black PLA.  It turned out great.  It was now time to paint.  First primed it grey.  That takes about 24 hours to set.  Next up taped up the bottom of the shell.  As not to get any red paint on that part.  The red took three coats.  After that painted the bottom with brushed bronze.   Again that took three coats.  The next day sprayed it will a clear coat.  That is so you can touch without the paint coming off.  Painted with acrylic, which is water based.   Am very happy with the way it turned out.